Thursday, June 29, 2006

Ten More Random Thoughts

11. Small Packages, the men's ultimate team from Ames will be travelling to the Motown Throwdown in Detroit on the 29th and 30th of July. The competition will be like none other than most of us have seen before with BAT, Machine, PBR Streetgang, GOAT, Mephisto, Madison, and Dingwop in attendance. I'm looking forward to it.

12. I'm going to Tennessee this 4th of July weekend, should be a good time. Maybe some camping in the Smoky Mountains, maybe a day of white-water rafting, some disc golf, possible mountain biking. I'm excited, but not about 24 more hours of driving.

13. My summer league team made it through the first round of round robin 4-5. I can't tell if our team is better than our 4-5 record shows. I think so, probably should be 6-3. We have a lot of high school players and newbies, though, so it's hard to run offense at times. We'll get it by the tournament at the end of the season, though.

14. Crazy Kevins and the Flying Kevins may be making a comeback. Still no practices, but watch out for gigs. Who knows what kind of acoustic hilarity will ensue. Maybe a version of your favorite AC/DC song or Peter Frampton's talking guitar classic Do you Feel or whatever it's called.

15. Flax. Yeah. Apparently, it's the best cancer fighting food there is. It's high in protein, dietary fiber, omega-3 fatty acids, and lignens. You might not know what that means, I don't. It's good to throw in the cereal in the morning, though. You can get a pound of it like I did for only three bucks, it's in the organic food section. Don't let Savage know I was there.

16. Lana and I were passing through Iowa Falls today and we came across a restaraunt called Wang's Buffet. Funny.

17. What's my favorite euphonym for going to the bathroom? Takin' the Cleveland Browns to the Super Bowl. I haven't really heard any new ones for awhile. How about this? "Hey guys, I'm going to go Will & Grace."

18. I miss going to connection group on Sundays. Connection group is the Bible study type thing that I'm in through the church with Lana and Jake and my brother Andy, his wife Autumn, our great leaders, and others. We haven't had it this summer and won't until September, I think. I'm missing its positive influence on my life.

19. Hearts is the greatest card game ever created, or at least the one I like to play the most. I can't shoot the moon anymore, though, because nobody passes dangerous cards to me anymore. In fact, the last time I shot a hand was about two months ago on a keeper. Nobody shoots the keeper...or do they? Even better? Team hearts. Joe, you know what I'm talking about.

20. I always sing along with George Harrison's song "My Sweet Lord." It's a catchy song and sounds really cool, but the song is basically a Hare Krishna prayer. I feel a little dirty after both singing and enjoying it. Should I?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home