Saturday, June 03, 2006

Captain's Log: 60306

Captain's Log: 60306

The Chad Larson Experience begins a new season just about a week from this very hour, depending on how late games start. The team will be travelling over to Versailles (pronounced ver-SAY-elles), Ohio for some poultimate. Poultry Days is the name of the tournament, which is held during the small town's summer festival. This year's tournament will be the 25th anniversary for this well-loved ultimate classic. When ultimate players were polled about their favorite tournaments, the top 3 were Paganello (beach tournament in Italy), Potlatch (100+ team coed tournament in Seattle over July 4th weekend), and Poultry Days (65+ team tournament coupled with small town festival in rural Ohio). I've been to Potlatch twice now and this will be my fourth Poultry Days. I'd have to say Poultry Days is my favorite tournament.

CLX has twice now won-out on Saturday to be placed in the A-division on Sunday, but we've yet to win on Sunday. Two years ago we lost 11-3 or something to the Smerfs. Last year we went down to a San Fran Brass Monkey/Beer Run/ex-Stanford team 6-1, but battled back to universe point, I think, only to lose. If we had won, we would have played Team USA, the all-star team sent to win gold at the 2005 World Games.

This year's Poultry Days team is the best CLX has yet to put together. A team that has the potential to make semis/finals, I believe, but expectations are one thing and results are another. We have about 14 guys and 10 girls going, I think, with a mix of non-returning CLXers, curent CLXers, and brand-new additions to the team. I believe our roster includes Mike, Jon, Jason, Julian, Ross, Shawn, Karl Doege, Stu Jack, Seth, Rubenstein, Jimi, Joe Brisbois, Brian Lucido, and myself for guys and Rachel D, Rachel S, Amy, Lana, Christina, Abby, Amanda, Taiwo, Natalie Meyer, and Savage for ladies. It's possible I've left people off, with a roster of 20+ I usually do that.

This team has an excellent group of male/female everything from handlers to cutters to deeps to great defensive players. I'm excited to play with this team and see how we do.

I still need to post about many things I've been thinking about, many other non-ultimate related topics, some serious, some antiserious. Watch out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home