Tuesday, May 09, 2006

League Night

So, tonight was disc golf league night at the Carol Marty (Gateway) Course in Ames. Lana and I went and played and since we showed up right before they started, we got to play together.

One thing immediately annoyed me, which was how much time it took. Usually, eighteen holes of disc golf can be played in about 75 minutes. It took us about 130. I think I might have actually shot better, with more time to focus and think about shots, but not enough better to justify waiting that long all the time.

I was able to shoot a 7 under par from the regular tees, with 9 birdies and 2 bogies, the rest pars. I birdied 9 for the second time ever, also birdied 2, 3, 4, 10, 11, 14, 15, and 17. I birdied the ones that are easy to birdie, like 2, 3, 10, 14, and 15. Then stole some at 9 and 17. Also barely missed birdie on 5, 8, 16, and 18. I put myself in great position on almost every drive to birdie and it was simply a matter of making putts of various distances.

The discouraging thing about league now is that I probably won't be able to play with Lana anymore, because we will likely be in different divisions. I think I also have to play from the pro tees now, which will be considerably more difficult. I may stick around in the league for a few more weeks, but the amount of time it takes coupled with having to play by myself could have me walking away from the league.

Good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home