Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Herr Necklace

You know that land bridge that is to have existed in the past, connecting Alaska to Russia, whereby people and animales traveled back and forth and ventured into new lands? That's what I am reminded of every time I look at that area under my ears. Normally, there shouldn't be any hair there, trying to connect the hair of the head from the beard, but lately, once every ice age, or at least a fortnight, I must shave that area to avoid looking like a Cro-Magnon man.

Not only that, but when trimming my facial hair weekly, I also have to remember to get the insides of the ears, ear lobes, and inside of the nose. I get stray dark hairs all the way up to my cheekbones. I think the hair factory in my body is working overtime, but lacking production in one vital area, that is the widow's peaks that seem to be getting more and more severe each time I cut my hair.

In the CD booklet for Phish's live album Slip, Stitch, and Pass, there is a picture of Trey Anastasio, but his name is listed as Herr Necklace. He sports a black tee-shirt with a stretched-out neck, which hangs down to show his massive amounts of black chest hair. A patch of it clearly stands out, looking like he has on a necklace made of hair. I think if I wanted to, I could sport a nice hair necklace. A necklace of hair in the front, with the chain going up over the shoulders and around the back.

Isn't it a very cruel trick that nature plays on a man, giving him a full head of hair in youth, then slowly taking it away and adding it and then some to the rest of the body? I'm not really going bald yet, but it seems like if my head was a major metropolis, that too much of the hairs are moving to the suburbs of the ears, neck, and nose, with more living in the smaller cities of the shoulders, and some prefering the lonely flatlands of the back.

The only places on my body now that seem to be hairless are the bicep area, most of my hands, the bottoms of my feet, and the forehead. I can't really speak for my back because I don't spend a lot of time in front of the mirror, at least not looking at my back. I guess I would rather not know. I suppose I can consider myself lucky that I have not yet had to worry about growing a unibrow. Maybe that is next...

8 Comments:

At 6:13 AM, Blogger Robin said...

It truly is a cruel joke. But those who can grow hair get to laugh at people like Becky who cannot grow hair.

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger Melissa Jo Gibbs said...

All I can picture during this blog is Lana ripping out your chest hair in her T-shirt grabbing kisses.

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger mlrgrl said...

I never thought that guys paid that much attention to such odd places where hair grows...evidently I was wrong. :) Good luck with your follicles.

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger Becky said...

hey come on now, i have to shave like twice maybe three times a week. It may only be in my mustache area, chin, and a little on the sideburns but im trying.

im glad i dont have a sweater underneath my clothes like some of you hairy mongols.

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger Warrior Princess said...

Kev, seriously, you should compile some stuff for memoirs or blatherings or whatever for a book. Love the urban sprawl analogy. There is a very large audeince for pee, fart, and body hair stories, not to mention the occasional funny pet anecdote & embarassing oneself as a preteen and teen. I think you could make your life a comedic memoir with a few splashes of poignancy.

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger Warrior Princess said...

You must be saving all your stories/thoughts for your memoirs. On a similar note, my brother is creating a game, to be in production in October 2009 and is currently taking preorders. It's about railroads in Iowa. http://18ia.blogspot.com/2008/06/preorder-18ia-today-pick-your-copies-up.html

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger Melissa Jo Gibbs said...

Doing a check of the blogs...thought I'd mention that I was hardly ever bored whenever I read any of your tournament recaps:) But seriously, don't look, I'm right behind you.

 
At 8:49 AM, Blogger ellsworthless said...

Almost been 1 year since you posted, Kev man. Did you stop because of all the crying jokes I keep making? I can stop. It is now safe to post again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home