Thursday, December 27, 2007

Cat/Man

Lana and I are going to be getting a new kitten, as our adoption papers went through today. The cat we are adopting is a grey striped short-hair cat, one that I have been wanting to get for some time. I'm nervous about how Baron and the new cat, Slugger will get along together, but they are both still young, Baron being about 14 months old, and both have a fair amount of energy. I'm wondering whether Baron will grow up faster and become more of a mentor for the new cat. Who else but Baron the Lion-Hearted to do such a thing?

Don't have much else to say on the topic, I'm excited to get the cat, but Lana and I will be heading up to Minnesota first. We won't be able to pick up the cat until we get back a week from today.

Slugger was going to be the name of my first-born son. Slugger Robert Seiler, but I thought of something even better (I know, what could be better than Slugger?). The name Sirius also received consideration, although I have to vote that one down because of the Harry Potter movies. I was thinking of the star when I thought of it, changed the spelling, and then remembered the Potter books. Bummer.

If I can get internet access up in northern Minnesota at my parent's lakehouse, I'm going to set up a live ice fishing blog that is going to rock the house, the icehouse that is.

3 Comments:

At 8:34 PM, Blogger Brendan Curran said...

I used to have a cat named Macho Man Kitty Savage. I think this is probably the best name that has ever been given to an animal. I gave him to my sister, and she refuses to call him that. It's total bullshit.

My cousin is pregnant right now, and we were discussing possible baby names at Christmas, and I told her that she should consider "Macho Man Baby Savage." I don't think she's going to, though, so when you have a kid that one will probably be free to use. I give you permission.

 
At 9:29 AM, Blogger Kevin Seiler said...

Did the cat have a long, low, gutteral, meow to rival the Macho Man's "Oh yeah!"?

Also, I'm hoping the cat was able to sign a record deal. There just aren't enough songs out there decrying the fact that Hulkitty Hogan won't fight Macho Man Kitty Savage at Wrestlemania. Be a man, Hogan!

 
At 7:14 AM, Blogger Shawn said...

People wanna know if Macho's still in the ring
People wanna know if Kitty's doin' his thing
Everybody's talkin' wanna know this and that
So I'm a tell ya right now Kitty Savage is back

 

Post a Comment

<< Home