Saturday, November 17, 2007

The Egotist

I'm showing off a little here, but I normally hate Scrabble, then had a great day today. I was playing with Lana and her parents and was able to play 3 different 7-letter words.

First, I tried 'phoners' on my first play, but that was challenged and it wasn't in the Scrabble dictionary. So, I had to keep all the letters. On my next turn, I was able to play 'shoppers', using a 'p' that was already out on the board.

Second, there was 'not' on the board, which I turned into 'snot' to play 'shadier'.

Later, I had the letters to play 'betwixt', which I never looked up in the Scrabble dictionary to see if it was a legel word, but that would have been sweet to play but there was no opening on the board.

Third, to end the game, I took a 'y' on the board to make 'ye', which allowed me to play 'egotist' to end the game.

Final score: Kevin 305, Ann Meyer 87, Lana Meyer 82, Mark Meyer 57. So, I got to kick my father-in-law's butt. He threatened a blanket party, whatever that is.

While I was typing this entry, I heard Lana say from the other room, "He's probably got that big grin on his face while he's typing." Just like Belichick.

2 Comments:

At 7:26 AM, Blogger ellsworthless said...

If it weren't for this post, I would have never known that you are smart.

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger jimmy said...

I wrote you a poem in honor of your game of greatness.

Sevenly Desires


Somehow through rivaled talents;
~winners overtly forfeit desires totally.
Raining defeats without shelter;
~mankind couldn’t sustain courage.

History someday reminds victors;
~~nobody’s failure defeats someone forever.


Enemies shuttle quickly between pledges without testing anyone’s respect.
Endures shallow endless fanfare anybody wouldn’t entrust.

Finally allows egotism reality.
~Isolate goodness.
~~~Release regrets.
~~~~~Fulfill destiny!

JBUDNIK

 

Post a Comment

<< Home